What's a WebChat Rule?
Through WebChat Rules you can engage with website visitors individually depending on what page they are and their behaviour. A Rule basically is a set of conditions that triggers an action through the WebChat - either making the chat visible or starting a chatbot. Due to this straight forward approach, you can decrease the number of lost visitors by increasing conversion rates.
The whole idea of Rules is being proactive and taking the initiative. Having a WebChat or email submission field on your website is good and people might use them. In both cases the initiative is on side of the user. With rules you take over the initiative.
Examples for Rule conditions (can be combined):
- On what specific site is the user?
- How long (seconds) is the user already on this site?
- User opens chat?
- What time is it currently?
- You and your team are available/online?
- You and your team are not available/online?
Goal of Rules
There are two basic type of goals, either they're sales- or support-driven.
Through WebChat Rules you engage with users to
- start a bot interaction (e.g. get contact information, acquire leads),
- start a bot interaction that should lead to a human interaction.
Where to create WebChat Rules?
To add a new rule, go to Rules.